When we first found out that I was pregnant with Sophia, I knew that I would have to leave a career I enjoy and become a stay at home mom. I thought that it would be easy to connect with other mothers with whom I could share cute baby moments and toddler-horror stories. But it wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be. Stay at home moms rarely have time for themselves because they are busy taking care of EVERYTHING. Thus, they hardly have time to socialize beyond Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. (You’re lucky if you can even go online!)
I was in need of adult social interaction and the only viable avenue to meet new friends was online. I searched for Facebook communities and groups that can offer me the support and camaraderie that I was looking for. Here are some of my online tambayan where I get to share my experiences and meet mommies who share the same interests that I do. I also asked some of my mommy friends to share their online groups so you can check them out.
Please note that some of these groups are “Closed” and require approval from their respective group administrators for you to become bonafide members.
I included the short description from the groups to help you decide which community you would like to join. Enjoy!
For Babywearing Support
1.Babywearing Philippines – A place where we can discuss everything about babywearing. This group welcomes all types of baby carriers. Both local and international brands, DIY and inexpensive to highly sought after baby carriers
2. Spin Happy Babywearers Club – A happy place to talk about babywearing and share tips and best practices.
3. Filipino Association of Babywearers – A space for babywearing support in between babywearing meets.
4. Babywearing Testers PH – A group for babywearing parents who are interested to try-out test wraps/carriers, in exchange for reviews and photos of the said wraps/carrier.
For Breastfeeding Support
- Breastfeeding Pinay – Ang “online community” na ito ay binubuo ng mga ina, ama, trained breastfeeding peer counselors, breastfeeding experts, at mga espesyalista sa pangangalaga ng kalusugan ng sanggol, bata at buntis. Naglalayon ang Breastfeeding Pinays na makapagbigay ng wastong kaalaman, suporta at lakas ng loob para sa mga inang gusto magpasuso (breastfeeding), bumalik sa pagpapasuso (relactation) at matuto ng tamang impormasyon tungkol sa pagpapasuso. Inaasam din ng grupong ito na maitaguyod ang pagpapasuso bilang pamantayan ng bawat pamilyang Pilipino – Protect, Promote and Support Breastfeeding,
For Cloth Diaper Support
- Cloth Diaper Addicts Ph – This group was created to be a haven for everyone who would like to learn more about cloth diapering in an environment full of fun, camaraderie and mutual respect. Members of this group are bound together by the love for cloth diapers.
- Modern Cloth Nappying Pinays – Sharing the ♥♥♥ of Modern Cloth Nappies / Diapers among Pinays!
This is a page to discuss, review, buy / sell / swap new or second-hand nappies, upload pics of your stash or pics of your babies in your favorite MCNs.
3. Cloth Diaper Sewing Pinays – A space dedicated for sewing cloth diapers. Members can discuss sewing, share tips & how-to’s, trade materials & show off their finished works of art.
For Food Lovers
- iFoodala Foodies – We love good food. It may be homecooked or fabulous meals out. Let’s share food pics, recipes and tips on where to eat and what to eat. Foodies unite!
- Bakehappy Manila – This is one of the happiest and helpful baking groups you will see on FB. Please refer to the “About” write up to learn more about the group and also get to know the basic group rules. We also urge you to please sign up in the following link to be included in the group directory.
- Joyful Cuisine Club – A baking and cooking group for newbies and experts where you can get the best advice and tips from professional chefs, bakers, cake decorators and cooks.
- kAwAli aT pAlAyOK.. – Luto mo, pagkain nating lahat kaya…share your foods and recipes!!!
- BentoPH – BentoPH is the country’s first bento community and the official community page of the BENTOMOMMAS where bento enthusiasts can share recipes and tips and get inspiration from each other.
Mommy Support Groups
- MOMs Inc – This is a venue for moms and moms to be. A place to chat and mingle; talk about mommy stuff and anything under the sun; get advice and provide encouragement and support to fellow.Being loving and kind are just some of a mom-characteristic, let us practice them and avoid situations such as arguments, negative judgments. Insulting, bashing, being rude and alike are not allowed here. Kindly contact the administrators for any Moms Inc. related concerns. We will try to keep track of every post and make sure concerns are well addressed. Selling/transacting on the wall is not allowed. Let us stick to our common denominator, being a mom. Invite your friends, lets be involved in this mom-community. Let us help each other and make ourselves more productive.
- GirlTalk – MommyTalk Phils. is an online community of Pinay moms supporting each other through the journey of motherhood.
3. South PiNanays – Moms and moms-to-be who help and support each other as we journey through motherhood. Dads, grandparents, sisters, brothers, doctors, nurses, and anybody who believes in natural parenting or wants to learn or needs support or are willing to give support are welcome as well.Mainly a Breastfeeding Support group for those living in Paranaque, Muntinlupa, Las Pinas, Laguna, Cavite, Batangas and Quezon but other parenting related topics such as pregnancy related, babywearing, cloth diapering, complementary feeding, education and more are welcome.
4. East Mommas Philippines – Support group for mommies from Rizal, Marikina, Pasig
5. Modern Moms – Laguna – This group is formed mainly for the purpose of supporting our main advocacies : Breastfeeding, Babywearing. Cloth Diapering, Baby Led Weaning & Traditional Feeding, Co-Sleepin
6. Open-minded women – This group is created to promote a stressfree, friendly environment to women of all ages. Huge sense of humor, broad understanding, calm heart are highly recommended.
8. TTC Pinays (Trying to Conceive Support Group Philippines) – A support group made for Filipina women who are trying to conceive and battling natural conception for quite some time. This group is open to those who have suffered loss or miscarriage as well as couples who are still starting to build a family of their own.
9. Gentle Birth in the Philippines – This group was originally started to address the actions of the Department of Health to make home birthing illegal. The original purpose of this group is to keep home birthing in the Philippines legal and to educate families about homebirthing in the Philippines.The group has since evolved and we now focus on gentle birth options. We seek to provide every woman giving birth in the Philippines information, research and experience to allow them to make an informed decision when making their birth option.
10. Attachment Parenting Philippines – This is a group where Pinoy parents can discuss and share their experiences about attachment parenting.
11. Tambayan Ni Nanay Atbp – Mabuhay sa Tambayan ni Nanay Atbp. Layunin ng ating grupo ang magkaroon ng isang masaya at mapayapang tambayan. Pwede dito ang kahit na anong kwentuhan na iyong maiisipan. Maari rin tayong magbenta, bumili, sumali sa raffle at magparaffle!😉
Samahang magkakaibigan na “pamilya” ang turingan.
These are other “Secret” Mommy Groups that are not searchable on Facebook. You would need to have a member of the group send you an invite to be able to join.
- Mommy hub ph
- Sexy beautiful pinay mommies
- Mommy’s Secret PH
- WHAMmanila/Wahmderful community for work-at-home moms
- PARTY PLANS AND IDEAS – We started out as a small support group back in July 2012 for sharing ideas in planning our perfect occasion for our loved ones. Our first members were mostly Moms who love DIY’s. And now we decided to expand our community by creating an online Free Market. We create opportunities for big and small time traders/suppliers to find their market as we continue to accept members nationwide who are planning, or looking for party supplies or awesome talents who will spice up their events
- Adult Coloring Book PH – Adult coloring books for Filipinos.
Feel free to post your creation and projects here!
Ads, online selling can post their items FRIDAY AND SUNDAY ONLY.
- Phil. Stock Market Discussions, Comments and Forecast – This group is for Global Pinoys who love to talk about stocks/stock market in the Philippines. This is also for beginners or professionals who want to share inputs, forecast, and analysis on the Philippine Stock Market
- G6pd Deficiency ph – G6PD Deficiency Philippines (G6PDDPh) is a non-profit group which aims to disseminate awareness about G6PD Deficiency based on substantial studies, data from health care providers, group polls/statistics and electronic reports from G6PDDPh-Awareness group members.
- Home Farmers Club (Urban Container Gardening Enthusiasts) – Home Farmers Club – Urban Container Gardening Enthusiasts. A group purposely created to serve as a venue/hub for those who are into UCG or interested to try UCG. This serves as a learning point, discussion arena for exchanges of best practices and sharing of knowledge, meeting UCG enthusiasts and pretty much knowing everything about UCG. Inspired by the encouraging example of the “The Gardener” Mr. Perfecto “Jojo” Rom, Jr. of Davao City, Philippines who is the admin of this group, the Home Farmers Club aims to invite you to try UCG and be a part of our effort to solve hunger and malnutrition, advance food security, reduce and recycle waste and in the long run democratize agriculture.
- Forever DADS – Forever DADS is the daddy counterpart of Forever MOMS! Daddies of all kind whether you are a single-dad, married, separated, or living in with your baby-momma, you are welcomed!
For Health and Wellness
- Be Fit Pinay – This group will update daily with healthy living news, energizing workout moves, fitness and nutrition.
- Natural Beauty & Health Remedies (NBHR) – NBHR is a group where women can freely express themselves. This group is created for the benefits of women looking for place to enjoy being one. We can definitely discuss anything that concerns us, whether it is about cooking, make up, recycling, baby-sitting, hubby-sitting, home decoration, organizing a party, fashion, relationship or you can even vent out during your menstrual period. We can be your online “sumbungan” anytime of the day. We will also discuss about beauty tips that can help improve ourselves for a better looking us. We will make sure to discuss natural tips and affordable ones. Health remedies will be also discussed here.
For BST and Group Buys (Buy, Sell, Trade)
- Tipid Nanay – Tipid Nanay aims to broaden the choices of moms who are looking for good deals on baby and mommy stuff. Happy shopping!
- Parent’s Circle Pasa-Buy – The groups aim is to help the members save as much as possible in comparison to mall/retail prices. It’s not really much additional effort at all once you’ve got the prices down, and the savings really add up. At the same time to provide a community of moms and dads that love shopping keeping a harmonious and peaceful settings.
- PH Babywearing B/S/T – PH Babywearing B/S/T is a place to buy, sell or trade recommended and safe baby carriers.